Alviva Holdings Limited
(Formerly Pinnacle Holdings Limited)
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
Registration number 1986/000334/06
Share Code: AVV
(“Alviva” or “The Company”)
GENERAL REPURCHASE OF SHARES ANNOUNCEMENT
The board of directors of Alviva (“the Board”) hereby advises shareholders that Alviva has cumulatively repurchased 5 865 696 ordinary shares in aggregate, representing 3.5% of the Company’s issued share capital (excluding treasury shares), in terms of the general authority granted by shareholders at the annual general meeting (“AGM”) held on 25 November 2016 (“Repurchase”).
- DETAILS OF THE GENERAL REPURCHASE
Details of the Repurchases are as follows:
|Dates of Repurchases:||6 April 2017 to 12 July 2017|
|Number of shares repurchased:||5 865 696|
|Lowest repurchase price per share (cents):||1 900.00|
|Highest repurchase price per share (cents):||2 090.00|
|Total value of shares repurchased:||R118 324 556|
3 840 000 shares were delisted and cancelled on 24 May 2017 and 2 025 696 are in the process of being cancelled and delisted.
The repurchases were effected through the order book operated by the JSE Limited and done without any prior understanding or arrangement between the Company and the counter parties.
Alviva holds 9 720 000 shares as treasury shares, representing 5.81% of the Company’s issued share capital. The repurchase had no effect on the number of treasury shares.
Following the repurchase, the extent of the general authority to repurchase shares outstanding is27 480 818 ordinary shares, representing 16.48% of the total issued share capital of Alviva, at the time the authority was granted.
- OPINION OF THE BOARD
The Board has considered the effect of the Repurchase and is of the opinion that, for a period of 12 months following the date of this announcement:
- the Company and the group will be able in the ordinary course of business to pay its debts;
- the assets of the Company and the group will be in excess of the liabilities of the company and the group. For this purpose, the assets and liabilities were recognised and measured in accordance with the accounting policies used in the latest audited annual group financial statements;
- the share capital and reserves of the Company and the group will be adequate for ordinary business purposes;
- the working capital of the Company and the group will be adequate for ordinary business purposes; and
- the Company and the group have passed the solvency and liquidity test and since the test was performed, there have been no material changes to the financial position of the group.
- SOURCE OF FUNDS
The repurchases were funded from the Company’s available cash resources.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Cash balances decreased by R118 324 556 as a result of the General Repurchase. The impact on other areas of the Company’s financial information is immaterial.
- COMPLIANCE WITH PARAGRAPH 5.72 OF THE LISTINGS REQUIREMENTS
The Repurchase was put in place pursuant to a repurchase programme prior to the commencement of the prohibited period in accordance with the Listings Requirements.
7 September 2017
Deloitte & Touche Sponsor Services (Pty) Ltd